Check out what I found ...

I was at work, minding my own business, doing my thing. It was a normal day in the neighborhood: altered mental status (UTI), dysuria (UTI), suprapubic pain (UTI), mixed in with a little shortness of breath (pneumonia) when all of a sudden I came across this ...


A 20-ish year old female with epigastric pain over the past several weeks, worst with eating. Sounded every bit like a little gastritis but my sixth sense inspired me to CT scan her anyway. Glad I did. What is it? How is it treated? Scroll down for answer.

*

*

*

*

*

A bezoar. On CT it appears as a mass with air bubbles which conforms to the confines of the stomach. Turns out the patient liked chewing on her hair and ingested a bit too much. A gastrotomy later, the patient is now doing fine. Smaller bezoars can sometimes be broken up and removed via endoscopy.

Source

Image: http://newyorkmedicaljournal.org/Archives/Parekh4-06.htm

Townsend: Sabiston Textbook of Surgery, 18th ed.
online dating chat rooms,free online dating chat,online dating chat tips,dating sites chat,chat avenue dating,online games dating,online chat singles,love dating online dating chat rooms,free online dating chat,online dating chat tips,dating sites chat,chat avenue dating,online games dating,online chat singles,love dating