Random-Useless stat of the day: 60%

According to the New England Journal of Medicine, this is the estimated percentage of persons worldwide who have experienced epistaxis (nose bleed) during their lifetime. Is this true? It just does not seem to pass the gut check test .... I've had several episodes myself. Shouldn't the percentage be closer to 90-100%?

For fun, let's take a little informal poll of My Emergency Medicine Blog readers. If I'm proven wrong perhaps I should get checked for a coagulation disorder. :)



Source

Schlosser, R. MD. "Epistaxis" N Engl J Med 2009; 30:784-9
online dating chat rooms,free online dating chat,online dating chat tips,dating sites chat,chat avenue dating,online games dating,online chat singles,love dating online dating chat rooms,free online dating chat,online dating chat tips,dating sites chat,chat avenue dating,online games dating,online chat singles,love dating