Faculty spotlight: Dr. Ghazala Sharieff


It's not every day that you get to meet and hang out with a fun, funny, humble, spirited, and super-smart person. I first got to know Dr. Ghazala Sharieff on the lecture circuit. She's one of the major go-to speakers for anything related to pediatric EM. When I'm stuck in a dilemma about a pediatric patient, I think - WWGD? What would Ghazala do?

Also if you're ever walking with her at an EM conference, you can't really get more than 10 feet before being mobbed by people wanting to say hi to her. So I wanted to introduce you to a good friend and genuine rock-star in medicine.

Dr. Ghazala Sharieff Division Director of Rady Children's Hospital Emergency Care Center Associate Clinical Professor, UCSD

Undergraduate: Univ of Michigan
Medical school: Michigan State
EM Residency: Stanford-Kaiser
Pediatric EM Fellowship: Children's San Diego

Ghazala, what's your academic niche and who were your mentors? My academic niche is in national and international speaking. I fell into this with the help of Mel Herbert, Larry Satkowiak and Mike Gerardi. I was pretty aggressive about being on the lecture circuit.

You can check out free previews of her talks from various conferences from CMEdownload.com (
View previews)

What projects are you working on? I have a few projects underway. I'm the pediatrics section editor for Harwood Nuss and just published a textbook on neonatal and infant emergencies, by Cambridge. It came out last November!

I'm also working on some research projects with my fellows.
  • A study on single dose decadron vs day 1 and day 3 decadron for asthma.
  • A study on the use of a rapid medical assessment program in decreasing left without being seen rates in a pediatrics ED.
  • A study on ketamine vs ketamine plus propofol for sedation in the pediatric ED
online dating chat rooms,free online dating chat,online dating chat tips,dating sites chat,chat avenue dating,online games dating,online chat singles,love dating online dating chat rooms,free online dating chat,online dating chat tips,dating sites chat,chat avenue dating,online games dating,online chat singles,love dating