TGIF: Inspirational TED videos about creativity

Recently, I discovered the existence of TED talks. TED is a nonprofit group, devoted to "ideas worth spreading". It now hosts several conferences annually to bring together leaders from the worlds of Technology, Entertainment, Design. Every time I watch a talk, which are each around 18 minutes, I get inspired just by listening to greatness. It constantly amazes me that these remarkable, uplifting talks are free. I currently subscribe to the TED Twitter feed to get periodic updates.


If you ever feel like you are getting buried under an avalanche of minutia, tunnel-visioned in day-to-day academic or clinical work, or uninspired in general, listen to a TED talk. I do. The talks constantly reset my perspective on work life.
  • Keep your big-picture work goals in mind. Don't get lost in the little things in the office or Emergency Department.
  • You need to think big to do big things.
  • When it comes to creativity, you can't be afraid to be wrong.
  • Creativity takes work and should be cultivated.
Two talks have started me thinking about the concept of creativity. I think you have to be extremely creative and innovative in medical education to keep up with the new generation of Web 2.0 learners. Although these two talks do not necessarily focus on medicine or medical education, the underlying themes resonant on a universal level.

Creativity expert, Sir Ken Robinson, makes a hilarious and moving case for how creativity is stifled by the education system. After watching this video, two thoughts came to me.

  • How does one become a "creativity expert"?
  • Having a British accent just makes you sound smart - I should work on getting one.



Elizabeth Gilbert, the author of Eat, Pray, Love, gives an insightful and humorous talk about how each of us "have" a genius with us.

online dating chat rooms,free online dating chat,online dating chat tips,dating sites chat,chat avenue dating,online games dating,online chat singles,love dating online dating chat rooms,free online dating chat,online dating chat tips,dating sites chat,chat avenue dating,online games dating,online chat singles,love dating