Hot off the press: Google Voice account using your existing phone number

Just a few days ago, Google Voice has opened a new option such that you can use your own phone number to enable several cool options. Request a free invitation here.

Let me step back a bit and explain what Google Voice is. Google Voice is a FREE service, which essentially converts your voicemails into emails. What is cool is that it transcribes your voicemails into text and then sends it to your personal email account! By getting a new phone number, assigned by Google, this service goes above and beyond with features such as:
  • One number: a single NEW phone number that rings all your phones
  • Free SMS: send, receive & store text messages online
  • Block calls: send unwanted callers straight to voicemail
  • Record calls: record phone calls and store them online
  • Conference calls: join several people into a single call (max 4 people)
  • Screen callers: hear who is calling before you pick up
I personally didn't like this, because I want to keep my phone number. But now there is a new option to KEEP your number, while retaining the transcription service. This is perfect for me.

My Visual Aid Photographer capturing a
glimpse of our elaborate ED Halloween decorations.

Imagine working in an ED where the walls are so insulated that you can't get any phone reception service. Yes, this is where I work. I occasionally get a one-bar signal on my iPhone. My phone knows just enough that someone is calling but I can't connect. So I get "missed call" and "voicemail" notifications frequently. Frustrating to say the least.

Now I can just check my voicemail using Google Voice.

Another interesting feature is that Google can connect your call for free anywhere in the U.S., supposedly without using minutes from your phone plan. Here's a snapshot of this feature from my Google Voice page.



Check out the informational video from Google:


online dating chat rooms,free online dating chat,online dating chat tips,dating sites chat,chat avenue dating,online games dating,online chat singles,love dating online dating chat rooms,free online dating chat,online dating chat tips,dating sites chat,chat avenue dating,online games dating,online chat singles,love dating