Paucis Verbis Project: A peripheral brain e-card series


A few days I wrote about my "peripheral brain" note cards that I carry with me on each ED shift. These cards contain brief summaries of updated guidelines, evidence based literature, and clinical pearls. I constantly get requests for a copy of them, but they are fairly outdated now that I'm out of residency.

So starting today, I'm going to start periodically posting new note cards in Word and PDF format that can be printed on any 4x6 inch index card. These will be posted every Friday. Feel free to download, edit, change font or font size, and use. You can add/remove cards as you collect them. Comments are definitely welcome.

Paucis Verbis Project
"Paucis verbis" means "in a few words" in Latin. I'll initially start reviewing new articles from the Emergency Medicine Clinics of North America publication series. This is my favorite review resource in EM. It comes out every 3 months.


My first Paucis Verbis card will be a duo review. The first article is on shock by a super-star friend of mine, Dr. Matt Strehlow (Stanford). The second is first-authored by Dr. Philip Perera (Columbia) on the role of ultrasonography in shock resuscitation.

Download card on shock:

References
Strehlow M. Early Identification of Shock in Critically Ill Patients. Emerg Med Clin N Am. 2010; 28: 57–66.

Phillips P, Mailhot T, Riley D, Mandavia D. The RUSH Exam: Rapid Ultrasound in SHock in the Evaluation of the Critically lll. Emerg Med Clin N Am. 2010; 28:29-56.
online dating chat rooms,free online dating chat,online dating chat tips,dating sites chat,chat avenue dating,online games dating,online chat singles,love dating online dating chat rooms,free online dating chat,online dating chat tips,dating sites chat,chat avenue dating,online games dating,online chat singles,love dating