Free wireless access at Starbucks

As of July 1, 2010, Starbucks shops have opened up wireless access for free. The trade off of this amazing convenience, of course, is digital security. Make sure that your laptop has turned off any file-sharing options and has turned on the firewall security option.

With good wireless access at work and home, I can use Starbucks wifi if I really need to check email on my iPhone while on the go. There seems to be Starbucks shops at every street corner these days!

It now makes me wonder how much I really need the 3G network for data access. I've heard rumors that AT&T will no longer be allowing unlimited data plan usage in the near future. They'll be charging money based on your pre-selected data plan.

Given more wifi accessibility now, it may be more cost-effective for me to purchase a simple cell phone and deactivate my iPhone so that it essentially becomes an wifi-capable iTouch with a camera. Hmm...

Happy surfing.

online dating chat rooms,free online dating chat,online dating chat tips,dating sites chat,chat avenue dating,online games dating,online chat singles,love dating online dating chat rooms,free online dating chat,online dating chat tips,dating sites chat,chat avenue dating,online games dating,online chat singles,love dating